PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Rhode Island’s consumers, businesses and government agencies continued to benefit from Verizon’s 2013 investment of more than $78 million in its industry-leading fiber-optic and Internet Protocol-based networks, including the completion of its award-winning all-fiber FiOS network in 29 communities.
The FiOS network in Rhode Island, the construction of which began in 2006, now reaches approximately 87 percent of residents and businesses in the state. FiOS voice, Internet and TV services, offered on what is widely recognized as the most advanced network anywhere, are now available to some 443,000 residences and businesses in 29 of Rhode Island’s 39 communities. The amount of fiber Verizon has deployed in Rhode Island now totals more than 6,000 miles, enough to stretch from Woonsocket to Westerly and back 100 times.
“We are proud to serve Rhode Island and build an all-fiber network that is already bringing tremendous benefits to its residents and businesses and will continue to do so for decades to come,” said Allison G. Cole, Verizon’s New England region president of consumer and mass markets. “No company has done more to invest in technology and the economic future of this state. Rhode Island is growing its reputation in technology, education, and healthcare -- and the new state-of-the-art Verizon wireless and fiber-optic networks play a huge role in building that competitive advantage.”
Verizon’s major initiatives in 2013 in Rhode Island included:
- Completing the expansion of the company’s award-winning 100 percent fiber-optic FiOS voice, Internet and TV services in all licensed FiOS communities, bringing competition and cable choice to residents and businesses in those communities. FiOS voice, Internet and TV services are now available to more than 443,000 Rhode Island homes and businesses in 29 cities and towns.
- With an $11,500 grant, renewed its sponsorship of the Founder’s League, a technology incubator that provides support for startup companies that are catalysts for Rhode Island’s economic growth.
- Selected two Rhode Island schools, Smithfield High School and Western Hills Middle School in Cranston, as two of 24 Best in Region winners of the Verizon Innovation App Challenge. Each school will receive a $5,000 grant to support STEM programs. The goal of the app challenge is to increase student interest and knowledge in STEM subjects and mobile technology through an engaging and empowering learning experience.
- Improved phone service for thousands of Rhode Island residential and small-business customers who had repeat repair issues by upgrading their service from copper to the company's advanced, all-fiber infrastructure. Nationwide, Verizon now serves more landline customers on its all-fiber infrastructure than on its legacy copper network. Fiber is less susceptible than copper to moisture and water damage, and offers a better overall service experience.
“Verizon’s advanced networks enable commerce to thrive, businesses to open new markets, students to learn and parents to stay in touch with their children,” said Cole. “Our new networks have removed traditional technological boundaries, empowering people and businesses to connect however, whenever and wherever they want. This ‘borderless lifestyle’ brings great benefits to our customers, employees, suppliers and communities.”
Consumers, Small Businesses Take Quantum Leap for Innovative Services
Verizon’s major wireline infrastructure programs in 2013 also included:
- Enhancing the FiOS Bandwidth Effect, which enables consumers and small businesses to harness huge amounts of broadband.
- FiOS Quantum, with speeds up to 500 Mbps down and 100 Mbps up, is America’s fastest Internet. Other Quantum speeds include 300/65 Mbps, 150/65 Mbps, 75/35 Mbps and 50/25 Mbps. All Quantum tiers offer upload speeds that rival or exceed most download speeds offered by competitors.
- The ultra-fast speed delivers technology that gives people the best way to stream videos, conduct video chats and use multiple Internet devices simultaneously, among other bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Multi-player gaming advantages, with tremendous speed versus competitors.
- Delivering FiOS TV anytime, anywhere on a variety of devices:
- The FiOS Mobile App allows customers to manage their Verizon account and their life – wherever they are – on a variety of Internet-connected devices. Best of all, they can watch up to 31 channels outside the home and 91 channels inside the home, depending upon their TV package.
- FiOS TV Online, offering 71 channels over a broadband-connected PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Advanced, interactive search and navigational experience.
- Multi-Room DVR.
- Advanced, interactive TV Apps.
- Industry leading 70,000-plus FiOS On Demand video titles customers can rent or own, plus premium on-demand content packages with sports, movie and international programming.
- Comprehensive choice including month-to-month plans and multi-year bundles.
- In-Home Agent application for automated self-service.
- Advanced, FiOS Digital Voice home phone service.
Enterprise Business Solutions Tailored to Meet Client Needs
Verizon Enterprise Solutions oversees all of Verizon’s solutions for large-business, wholesale and government customers in Massachusetts and globally, including a portfolio of cloud and IT, enterprise mobility, security and advanced communications offerings. Its key client segments include healthcare, manufacturing and automotive, financial services and large government agencies. In 2013, Verizon:
- Acquired EdgeCast and the assets of upLynk to further the company’s delivery of media and entertainment services. These acquisitions enable Verizon to enhance delivery of end-to-end video solutions for best-in-class TV Everywhere and superior experiences to customers such as studios, broadcasters, retailers and enterprises that seek high-performance digital experiences across all devices.
- Announced its next-generation public cloud platform, Verizon Cloud. Verizon Cloud offers large enterprises, mid-size companies and small development shops the agility and economic benefit of a generic public cloud along with the reliability and scale of an enterprise-level service with unprecedented control of performance and security. Verizon Cloud is currently in beta.
- Launched Converged Health Management, a remote patient-monitoring medical platform designed to help clinicians and patients manage patients’ health in between doctor visits. Verizon’s newest solution addresses the day-to-day communications gap that has historically existed between patients and clinicians.
- Introduced Managed Wireless ATM, a fully managed, wireless automated teller machine solution that banks can deploy to their remote ATMs, at events or for business continuity planning.
- Rolled out “In Drive” service in conjunction with insurance companies. In Drive, developed by Verizon Telematics, offers drivers an opportunity to save money on auto insurance, based on their driving habits.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America’s most reliable wireless network, with nearly 103 million retail connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers in more than 150 countries. A Dow 30 company with more than $120 billion in 2013 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of 176,800. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.